Legal and Security
Last updated: August, 2019
Definitions of terms
User (“you”) means any individual visiting and/or using our Websites and/or Services, including registered buyers and sellers. Buyers are registered Users of the UCXmarket Platform that represent organizations interested in buying cloud storage, whereas sellers are registered Users of the UCXmarket Platform that represent organizations that are interested in providing their excess cloud storage capacity to potential buyers.
Content means, without limitation, any information, statement, data, material, article, research, text, written posts, reviews, and comments, software, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on the Website or through the Services. Account means to sign up / register to have access to Services from the Platform
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Platform means the UCX market platform launched, administered and owned by UCX. UCXmarket website is https://ucxmarket.com/ucx
Cookies means small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
Services means the Website, Platform and services, features, content or application offered and operated by UCX
Websites means all the websites launched, administered or owned by UCX, including but not limited to https://ucxmarket.com/ucx, https://ucxtech.com/, or affiliate portals.
Personal Data we collect from you
We may collect information about Users when you provide that information upon registration in our Website and when you use our Services. In addition, and whenever lawful, we might collect information about you from other sources, including service providers, partners, and publicly available sources, and when you contact and interact with us through emails or other means. Types of data we collect include the following:
- Personal Data – When you register to our Websites by opening an account, we will collect the necessary Personal Data to enable you access to our Services. We may require you to provide us with your name, surname, email, password, organization’s name, phone number, email and address. As you use our Services, we may also require from you to provide us with additional Personal Data.
- Payment Information – The information you add with regard to your financial account to the Account is directed to UCX’s third-party processor.
- Usage Data – We may collect information from devices that you use to access the Websites or use our Services. This is also known as log data, which is collected automatically and may include information such as the IP address, duration of the page visit, statistics how pages are viewed, browser type, etc. In addition, we use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze the Usage Data.
We your Personal Data (a) to perform a contract with you (b) because we have a legitimate interest and not overridden by your rights (c) because we have your consent to do so. Our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal data will depend on context in which we collect your Personal data and on the Personal Data concerned. Sometimes we may also have a legal obligations to collect personal information from you.
Use of Personal Data
We may use/process your Personal Data for the following reasons:
- To operate our Websites and to provide the Services, including: registration and access to your Account. Your data may be used also for processing transactions, subscriptions, purchases, and payments, once these options are available in our Websites.
- Measure, Support, and Improve our Websites and Services: We use your Personal Data to measure use of, analyze performance of, fix errors in, provide support for, improve, and develop our Websites and Services.
- Recommendations, Personalization and Authentication: We use your Personal Data to recommend services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with our Websites and Services. We also use your Personal Data for authentication and user customization purposes for which we can identify the user who has logged in and what level of access the user has.
- Comply with Legal Obligations: In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect, use, or retain your personal information and to enforce our Terms of Service.
- Communicate with You: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to our Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat) and to respond to your requests.
- Marketing: We use your Personal Data to market and promote our Services to you. We might display ads/promotions from suppliers and partners of UCXmarket in our Websites.
- Fraud and Abuse Prevention and Credit Risks: We use your personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, UCXmarket, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks. We may also ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you.
Do we disclose your Personal Data with anyone else?
We may disclose your Personal Data:
a) if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our company’s business interests, assets, or both, or in connection with a corporate merger, restructuring consolidation, or other company change;
b) as required by law or if we believe that such disclosure is necessary in order to comply with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by law enforcement officials, or private parties, including but not limited to in response to search warrants, subpoenas, or court orders; or
c) to our vendors if necessary in order to provide you with the Services;
d) if legally permissible, we may use and share information about Users with our partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you.
We may use third party vendors to perform certain hardware, software, networking, storage and related technology services on our behalf, for example:
- hosting our website and our company email server;
- processing and fulfilling your payments;
- maintaining, enhancing, operating website’s features or adding to the functionality of our website;
- assisting with promotions and advertising;
- collecting web analytics data; and
- enabling us to send you emails, or performing other administrative services.
We may share your Personal Data with these third party vendors solely to enable them to perform the services for us and we require that those third party vendors maintain at least the same level of data protection that we maintain for such data. However, some of our vendors may process your data outside of the United States.
Our website may contain links to third party content and websites that we do not control. This includes links to clients and partners. If you click on these links and enter third party websites those third parties may use their own cookies to collect your data. You should read the third parties’ privacy notices to learn how they will collect and use your data as their policies may differ from ours and will apply to your use of their websites.
How long do we retain your Personal Data?
Security of your Personal Data
Do we collect Personal Data from children?
The Websites and Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect and process Personal Data from children. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 18, we will make all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 18, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will delete and/or stop processing your child’s Personal Data within a reasonable time.
Your rights regarding your Personal Data
As a registered User you an access certain information with regard to your Account by either logging into our Services or sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Accessing your information may be temporarily limited where access and correction could hinder UCX’s ability to investigate, make or defend legal claims; result in disclosure of personal information of a third party; hinder UCX’s ability to comply with a legal obligations or result in breach of a contract or disclosure of trade secretes or other proprietary business information belonging to UCX or a third party.
Your Data Protection Rights Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
If you are a resident of the EEA you can access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Data. To do so you have to email email@example.com. In addition you can:
- Object the processing of your Personal Data, ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data or Request Portability of your Personal Data.
- Opt out of marketing communications we send you at any time
- Withdraw your consent for collecting and processing your personal data
- Complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data.
To exercise any of the aforementioned rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your name, surname and email.
How can you make a complaint?
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your Personal Data, please contact us in the first instance at email@example.com and we will endeavor to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with the data protection supervisory authority in the EU country in which you live or work where you think we have infringed data protection laws.
International Transfer of Your Personal Data